Jason Bourne
Leave a Comment

Aaron Cross to feature in future ‘Bourne’ films

At the end of last month, The Bourne Legacy producer Frank Marshall revealed that his ideal plans for a fifth film in the franchise would see Jeremy Renner’s Aaron Cross teaming up with Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne. At today’s press conference for the August 10th release, Renner and Marshall offered a brief update about the state of future entries in the franchise.

“We’re gonna follow Jeremy’s character,” Marshall said. “Everything else is wide open. That’s the great thing about this now. The table is set to go any direction we want to. But we will, I’m sure, follow Jeremy and see what happens. Jeremy and Rachel [Weisz].”

So while a fifth film isn’t necessarily going to include Damon’s Bourne, Marshall doesn’t preclude the possibility. Renner himself, meanwhile, was even more coy about continuing Cross’ adventures.

“As far as the future,” said the actor, “I’m excited that the architects and the creators behind this whole thing have cleverly left it wide open for fans like myself to wonder what’s going to go on next.”

Also starring Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, The Bourne Legacy opens in theaters on August 10.

This entry was posted in: Jason Bourne
Tagged with:

by

Lucien writes on film, television and politics at LuwdMedia.com and co-hosts the podcasts Above All Else and The 99%.

Leave A Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s